Dicalite Speedplus is flux-calcined in which the calcination process is heated at temperatures above 1500° F ensuring all product is free of organic matter. Our flux-calcined diatomaceous earth is processed and purified in a rotary kiln with the addition of a natural fluxing agent to increase agglomeration.
SpeedPlus is Used in a Variety of Markets:
- Beverage Filtration (beer, wine, and juices)
- Environmental (stormwater and wastewater filtration, ecology embankments, media filter drains)
- Food Production (sugar, sweeteners, and gelatin)
- Renewable fuels/Motor Oil Processing (soy, corn, palm oils, and animal fats)
Benefits of Dicalite Speedplus are:
- Easy cake release
- Chemically inert characteristics makes it safe for filtering water or other liquids intended for human consumption.
- Low density
- Particle shapes and consistency
- Reduces particulates of a wide range of sizes
Our Speedplus is approved by several government agencies as a food and beverage processing aid.
- FCC / “Food-grade”
- Generally Regarded as Safe (GRAS)