We are North America’s only producer of vermiculite dispersions. We offer a wide variety of viscosities and solids. Our MicroLite Vermiculite Dispersions can be applied to a variety of industries and applications from packing materials to fire resistance.
Available for use in:
- Aircraft paneling
- Barrier coatings on films
- Fiberglass textiles
- Fire-resistant fabrics
- Packing materials
- Sound deadening insulation
- Thermal insulation
Benefits of MicroLite
- Enhances the sealability of products such as gaskets or packing materials
- Highly customizable and can be tailored to your needs
- Imparts fire resistance to products
- Limits gas exchange in plastic packaging
- Offers a high temperature coating, binder, or filler in various applications
How MicroLite is Produced
MicroLite is the chemical exfoliation of vermiculite. It is available as both a free-flowing dry powder and as aqueous colloidal dispersions. The vermiculite dispersions fall into two categories: unformulated and formulated products.
Free-Flowing Dry Powder
MicroLite powder consists of inorganic, high aspect ratio vermiculite platelets formed by the chemical exfoliation of vermiculite.
The formulated dispersions possess most of the same benefits outlined by the unformulated dispersions, and also include additives to provide improved performance in areas such as adhesion, flexibility, and/or color and dyeability.
The unformulated products consist only of vermiculite and water. They are highly heat-and flame-resistant and produce virtually no off-gassing or smoke. In addition, these products are salt-free, and therefore are ideal for use in end products where corrosion is a concern.