Dicaperl Minerals LLC
Temporary Energy Surcharge Policy (Expanded Perlite)
Dicaperl Minerals LLC, a subsidiary of Dicalite Management Group, announced today that it is implementing a Temporary Energy Surcharge on its Expanded Perlite product lines. The extreme volatility in natural gas prices is creating an unprecedented impact on our business and we are doing everything possible to ensure continuity of supply. Unfortunately, we must institute this surcharge to cover a portion of the incremental energy increases we are absorbing each month. We want to emphasize that this surcharge is temporary and will only be in place during times of extreme fuel oil prices. More details:
The energy surcharge will apply to all shipments from our North American Dicaperl and SPV expanded perlite locations. The locations are: Fallon NV, Noble OK, Phoenix AZ, Nashville TN, Crawfordsville IN, Pennsauken NJ, Thomaston ME, Antonito CO, Edmonton AB, and Winnipeg MB. The effective date is for orders shipping on or after April 1, 2022, including existing orders that are already scheduled for shipment on or after that date. The surcharge for June shipments is based upon the average natural gas cost incurred for the month of April, which was $6.60/MMBtu. The surcharge for June 2022 shipments will be $25/short ton. The surcharge for July shipments will be determined using the average costs/MMBtu in May 2022.
- From 1st of June $25/short ton for all June invoices
- Invoicing mechanism: Will be reflected on a separate invoice line
- The surcharge amount will be automatically updated on orders each consecutive month
- Additional details and index:
- The surcharge calculation will be based on the average price at the close of each month listed for the Henry Hub Natural Gas Spot Price index. This information is listed by the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).
- The invoiced surcharge amount for each incremental natural gas cost is in the chart above.
Quality, service, and reliability remain our focus for serving our customers now and in the future. We thank you for your business and look forward to providing you with many more years of excellent customer service. Please contact your Sales Manager for any questions you may have.
Join Our Mailing List
Our blog offers insight and information about new and exciting uses for perlite, diatomaceous earth, and vermiculite deriving from years of research and application. From passive fire resistance to mineral depth filtration, by subscribing to our mailing list, you will receive the latest information surrounding the Dicalite, Dicaperl, and Specialty Vermiculite brands and products.